Saturday, January 31, 2009

I got mail!

When hubby brought in the mail today I had a very unexpected suprise. I received a puffy envelope from Canada. It was for the August biscornu exchange in the bbinteractive Yahoo group. My partner sent a beautiful blue dragon pattern biscornu that she adapted to cross stitch from a late 1800's filet crochet pattern. Also in the package was a cute scissor fob with flowers and my initial on one side and a blackwork design on the other. A sheep that you pull his tail and it is a measuring tape. Really cute. And finally 3 rolls of Kreinik metallic threads. So without any more here are the pictures.





This was good timing and a real pick me up today as I am getting ready for Surgery on Tuesday. I have a degenerated disc in my neck that they are going to work on to see if they can reverse some of the nerve damage it has done to the nerves of my left hand. So wish me luck. Got to go everyone have a great day. Going to watch the Super bowl tomorrow and root for the Cardinals as this is their 1st Super bowl game. And of course I have to watch all the comercials especially the Budweiser ones.

3 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Barbara, what a wonderful exchange!
Her stitched pieces are so pretty!

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. I hope it helps you feel good again:)

Fatema ( SL ) said...

Good luck with the surgery. Prayers you heal soon.
Congrats to the PIF winners.
Lovely biscornu exchange. Enjoy your goodies.

Bonnie said...

Hi Barbara, I am going to be stitching something for you in my PIF. I hope you doing okay after your surgery. My prayers are with you.

Love and hugs,
Bonnie